Monday, December 8, 2008

I am being a "Girl" today!!

So after Savannah being home for 4 weeks, she started her new school today! After meeting her new teacher and getting her settled, I went out to my truck and shed a few tears. This morning she came to and said " Mom I am really scared" I said " it is okay by the time first recess is over you will have friends and you won't be scared anymore, just keep a smile on your face and you will do great" she turned around with a smile on her face and said " I can do this!" I could see how nervous she was and it broke my heart but I know she is tough and my day will be a lot longer than hers!

I was reading every ones blogs this morning and clicked on the one I have for my Grandma, and tears just started flowing, they have been building up the last couple of days. It all started because I made pancakes for dinner the other night and had choke cherry syrup on them!! My grandma made the best choke cherry syrup ever! It all ways reminds of the first family reunion Travis went to and she offered him some and he just turned and gave the look " oh how gross" but of course he couldn't tell her no. So he let her pour some on his pancakes. The first bite, before even swallowing he turned with a smile on his face, and said "oh my gosh this is the best syrup I have ever had". The next night was the auction and she had made some syrup and of course Travis had to buy it! I think it was just a little pint jar and he paid $15.00 for it! With the holidays coming everything starts to remind me of her. And of course typing this all up brings tears to my eyes so I am having a "Girl" moment!!

No comments: