Thursday, July 31, 2008

Savannah










Savannah at 3 weeks









Savannah at about 5 months


Savannah was born on March 20 in American Fork, Utah.
She was the first child for me and the second for Travis.

Savannah was scheduled to come on March 21, but as we soon learned she would decide! She came the day before on the first day of spring. And only in Utah in the middle of a snow storm!! My envision of Savannah was that she would have blond hair and brown eyes like Travis and I both did as children. But no she couldn't be like that or it wouldn't have been HER way! She was born with jet black hair, lots of it and every where I remember crying to Travis "she looks like a monkey'. Then to top it of she has these amazing blue eyes! She was absolutely beautiful. And still is!!


Our little family bonded quickly and it didn't take her long to become daddy's girl, and to learn to tease me. General our golden retriever would sleep under her bassinet and the minute she would make a noise he would nudge us with his nose. As she got bigger she would share everything with General, take naps on him ( and he wouldn't move a muscle till she woke) and then she learned to ride him!! Her name for him was "puppy" even though he is over 100 lbs. Later she learned to call him "nenral".


As she learned to talk she started to call Travis "mpapa" and I would ask her to say mama and she would just giggle and say "mpapa". She made us laugh all the time. Another stage she went through was calling us by our first names Travis' was "tavis" and lucky me mine was "joey". As I am typing this I realize I should break her stories into age groups. So I will end this as her beginning !!

No comments: