Thursday, July 31, 2008

Joy

This post will be a little harder than Travis'. His post was fun to write and was very easy to brag about him! So mine will probably be a little shorter! I was born in Boise, Idaho on February 19 to Ray & LuWana. I was the fourth and final daughter. My three older sisters are Marci who is married and living with her family in American Fork, Utah, Cyndee who is living with her son in Lehi, Utah, and LuRae who is married and living with her family in American Fork, Utah.
My family and I lived in Boise until I was 7. In the middle of 2nd grade we moved to Lehi, Utah that was a challenging year for our family, but like with all challenges we made it through and gave us some good stories to tell!
As a child I was quite adventurous! LuRae and I did almost everything together. LuRae was the quiet shy type and I was the exact opposite. I remember sitting on the fire escape stairs and getting as close to the edge as I could just to scare LuRae. There would be times that I would tell her it was okay just try it, it is not that scary!
I have a lot of found memories of going to visit my grandma and grandpa in Egin, Idaho. During the summer I would be able to go and spend a week with them. My cousin Kadie was around the same age and lived not far from my grandparents. We were not always good but we had a lot of fun! I remember getting yelled at by grandma and grandpa for silly little things like playing in the irrigation ditch and then running through the garden with the end result of us covered in mud! Or another time we got yelled at for shooting my bb gun (at some boys in a canoe). They are really great memories for me. My grandparents mean a lot to me and I am thankful that they let me stay with them even though I was probably not very easy to deal with. Why else do you think my parents sent me away!!
The one thing I loved to do growing up was playing soccer I started when I was 10 and played till I was 16, and then with Savannah I was able to coach her team. Which was awesome, one of the teams we would play against was coached by one of my coaches in high school that was fun especially when we won!!
I meet my best friend when I was 15, Kathy. We also had some fun experiences growing up. We made our parents worry! I don't know if I like writing this on myself, thinking of all the things I did growing up, I can't beleive my parents survived!! Kathy lives with her family in Provo they have lived there now for a couple of years and before that they lived in Minnesota. I am glad to have her back!
As of now I will finish my story maybe as time goes by I will add more!

No comments: